Dept. of GI surgery Specialties >
PRESTIGEOUS EMPANELMENTS By Virtue of highly acclaimed services and facilities, SR Kalla Hospital is empanelled with
This dept. established in the year 2002, is fully equipped with a modular OT for a zero infection risk, LED OT lights, harmonic scalpel , large vessel sealing system, advanced anaesthesia work station and invasive monitor , on site histopathology aiding decision making, a tertiary level GI endoscopic facility providing precise tumour staging with the help of diagnostic / therapeutic EUS.
We claim a precise and proper diagnosis, excellent surgery and extra ordinary post. op. care translating into low morbidity and a wonderful outcome . An advanced ICU , and radiology ( 3D USG and 64 slice CT scan available 24 X 7 ) is available to monitor post operative status.
Our Dept. of GI surgery has already performed more than 5000 complex surgical procedures like whipple's surgery , radical surgery for Carcinoma gall bladder , laparoscopic surgery of carcinoma colon. Apart from this, all kinds of complex hepatobiliary and pancreatic surgical procedures like Frey's ( chronic gastritis) and hepaticojejunostomy ( post operative biliary stricture and choledochal cyst ) , surgery for portal hypertension are performed here.
Our spectrum of GI surgery are
- Portal hypertension -
- Splenorenal shunt surgery + splenectomy
- De vascularisation and esophageal stapling
- Emergency nephrectomy
- Hepatobiliary surgery
- Benign disorders
- Hepaticojejunostomy for post operative stricture
- Hepaticojejunostomy with CBD stricture
- Hepaticojejunostomy for choledochal cyst.
- Laparoscopic CBD exploration for stone.
- Laparoscopic choledochoduodenostomy
- Malignant disorders
- Whipple's for periampullary carcinoma head of pancreas, cholangiocarcinoma and rarely for chronic pancreatitis
- Pancreatic diseases -
- Laparoscopic cystogastrostomy for pseudo cyst
- Cystogastrostomy / cystoduodenostomy
- Frey's for chronic pancreatitis
- Distal pancreatectomy
- Necrosectomy for necrotising pancreatitis
- Colonic diseases
- Laparoscopic surgery for carcinoma colon
- Pancolectomy for ulcerative colitis
- Diverticulosis surgery
- Rectopexy (laparoscopic ) for prolapse rectum
- Esophagus stomach
- Refractory bleed - ulcers
- Corrosive esophageal stricture - balloon dilation
- Nissen's fundoplication
- Laparoscopic surgery for achalsia cardia
- Malignant disorders
- Ca esophagus
- Transhiatal / transthoracic approach
- Repair of diaphragmatic hernia
- Ca stomach
- Total gastrectomy
- Gastrojejunostomy for gastric outlet obstruction
- Dr. Sandeep Jain MS, MCH
- Dr. A. K. Mathur MS ex HOD ex SMS medical college
- Dr. Rajesh Sharma , MS ( gen surgery)
- Dr. Jaideep Mathur MS ( gen surgery )
We have one and a half decades of experience in GI surgery in all above mentioned procedures which have been performed at a reasonable rate, with low morbidity and at par with our international counterparts.